Job Vacancy - Junior Web Developer
Published on: 24th June 2009
Job Vacancy - Junior Web Developer
We are now recruiting for a Graduate Junior Web Developer to start work in September 2009. The starting salary will be £15,000 plus bonuses working in or near to Dorchester (location to be confirmed). The closing date for applications is 21st July 2009. Full information about the job is below.
Graduate Junior Web Developer
Alacrify is a well established Dorset-based web and graphic design agency which is seeking to appoint its first employee in order to keep pace with increasing demands. We are therefore seeking to appoint a talented and ambitious full time Junior Web Developer to work on a varied portfolio of new client projects and sustain and support contracts. This role will offer the opportunity for professional development and career progression across a wide spectrum of skills and tasks.
This is a rare chance to join a company at an exciting point in its development and growth and the right individual will have exceptional opportunities to learn, contribute and shape the future for the company and for themselves.
£15,000 per annum plus bonuses
A competent working knowledge and understanding of the following languages is required:
- XML [not essential but preferable]
and the ability to use
- Dreamweaver (or similar)
- InDesign (or similar) [not essential but preferable]
The successful applicant’s responsibilities will include:
- Conducting and coordinating web development
- Undertaking application maintenance
- Assisting with client training and support
- Preparing system and user documentation
- Participating in design and code reviews
In addition there may be opportunities to gain experience through working on the following:
- Print design projects
- Marketing and advertising projects
- Web training and business seminars
- Telemarketing and e-marketing
We are seeking a graduate with a degree in web design or new media, or a related subject with demonstrable relevance to the job.
The applicant should have proven experience of using the required skills above to create and develop websites, with a portfolio to illustrate this experience.
The successful applicant is likely to have experience in or an understanding of some or all of the following activities and skills:
- Design and typography
- Business and marketing
- Web usability, accessibility and w3c standards
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Image preparation
- Image animation and video for the internet
- Web and email hosting and management
- Risk assessment and web security
- Social networking and Web 2.0 in relation to business
- In addition the following skills are preferred:
- Excellent communication skills for internal communication and client communication, both written and verbal
- Clear organisation of self and tasks, with the ability to document work and self-monitor
The following personal qualities will provide a significant advantage in getting the most from this opportunity and progressing within the company:
- Friendly and positive attitudes towards colleagues, clients and work
- Self confidence, self motivation, self direction
- Team working and collaborative attitude
- Proactivity in identifying new opportunities and potential ways of contributing to the company
- Ability to work to deadlines and perform well under pressure
- Multi-tasking and managing competing demands and needs
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in carrying out tasks
- Desire to complete tasks
- Versatility and flexibility
- Creativity in design and coding
- Resourcefulness in finding solutions and new opportunities
- Commitment to and interest in personal development
- Loyalty and commitment to company and clients
- Ability to cope with repetitive tasks
- Confidentiality and appropriate professional relationships
- Ability to describe client expectations as technical requirements and vice versa
- Alacrify is committed to developing the skills and professional abilities of its employees.
The successful applicant will be working in an office based in or near Dorchester, Dorset with possible client visits for which own transport must be provided. The location of the office is to be confirmed.
Alacrify Ltd is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.
By submitting your CV, you consent to Alacrify Ltd holding this information in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.
To apply please send a CV and a covering letter answering the following questions:
- What interests you about this job?
- What relevant experience have you had?
- Which of the person specifications apply to you?
Please include the names and contact details for 2 people who are prepared to provide a reference for you, one of whom is able to comment on your professional abilities.
5a Ashleigh Avenue
Dorset DT2 0BP
All applications will be replied to.
Interviews will be offered to suitable candidates prior to appointment.
The closing date for this advert is 21st July 2009
The start date will be September 2009 subject to agreement, checks and references.