Demystifying GDPR for Small Businesses - Morning Seminar
25th April 2018 from 10:00am to 12:30pm
Are you worried about the General Data Protection Regulation, your obligations and where to start on the compliance journey?
Alacrify have been working with Simon Nixon, a subject matter expert in GDPR to work out the best approach for implementing GDPR recommendations in our own business. Having spoken to many of our clients and other local businesses we have realised that other people could really use Simon's expertise too.
As a result we have been working with Simon to develop a GDPR Seminar to help other small businesses and offer an extremely practical and reassuring session to help small business owners to get to grips with this new legislation.
As a local, independent expert in this area, Simon will be sharing information about other services that can be accessed to help support GDPR compliance for small businesses, including PYXI for GDPR.
The Seminar will cover an introduction to practical solutions to GDPR regulatory challenges, including:
- GDPR Article 30 record-keeping
- Subject Access Requests
- Data Breach Notification
- Consent Management Tracking
Where and When
The Seminar will be hosted by Alacrify in the meeting room at the NFU Offices in Dorchester (just behind Waitrose). Places are limited to allow maximum benefit for attendees. Three sessions will be run on 25th April 2018 - one month before the legislation becomes law in the UK. This session will take place in the morning from 10am. There will be a short break after Simon's presentation and then the option to participate in an open discussion of the particular needs and challenges of the attendees at the Seminar.
We will provide refreshments during the Seminar.
The Seminar Programme
The Seminar Programme will be as follows:
10:00 to 11:30
- Myth-Busting and Panic Reduction! – Getting a handle on the proportional response required to GDPR for small businesses (SMEs).
- Exploring Concepts – Explaining “Consent”, “Purpose” and record-keeping best practice around personal data records.
- Understanding Risks – Looking at expectations and processes for managing Subject Access Requests (SARs), and Breach Notifications.
- How to approach managing the GDPR responsibility of your business.
11:30 to 12:30
- Open discussion and Question and Answer opportunity to look at the specific challenges and needs of the attendees.